Details for Benchmark: EH0329
N 34° 15.250 W 090° 16.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In QUITMAN county, MS View Original Datasheet
- G 30
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1977 by DOD (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE 1977
IN MARKS. THE MARK IS LOCATED ABOUT 0.2 MILE SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF MARKS ABOUT MIDWAY OF THE WEST BOUNDARY OF MR. PAUL EUBANKS AT 620 LOCUST STREET IN THE SOUTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 35, T 28N, R 1W. IT IS 126 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF ASH STREET, 36.5 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF LOCUST STREET, 52.5 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST CORNER OF A 1 1/2 STORY FRAME HOUSE, 80.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A POWER POLE WITH A TRANSFORMER, 47 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF A GRAVELED DRIVEWAY, 38.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A UTILITY POLE WITH A GUY WIRE, 6.5 FEET EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF A WALK, 2.5 FEET EAST OF A ROW OF OAKS SET IN THE TOP OF A LARGE TAPERING CONCRETE POST WITH USGS NO 3 IMBEDED ON THE NORTH SIDE AND MISS 1908 ON THE SOUTH SIDE AND PROJECTS 2.4 FEET. TO REACH FROM THE POST OFFICE IN MARKS GO SOUTH ON POPLAR STREET FOR 0.15 MILE TO A T INTERSECTION. TURN LEFT AND GO EAST ON ASH STREET FOR 0.1 MILE TO AN INTERSECTION JUST BEYOND THE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL AND THE MARK ON THE LEFT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.