Details for Benchmark: EK0855
N 34° 59.895 W 094° 26.725 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SEBASTIAN county, AR View Original Datasheet
- BOUNDARY MP 27 AR OK
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1919 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1919 (CLG)
STATION IS 4 MILES SW FROM HARTFORD, 7 METERS (23 FEET) N OF THE ROCK ISLAND RAILROAD, AND 75 METERS (246 FEET) N OF ROAD LEADING FROM HARTFORD TO HOWE.
MARK IS HEXAGONAL IRON POST ABOUT 4 INCHES IN DIAMETER AND 4 FEET HIGH.
A LARGE WHITE POST ON BOUNDARY LINE ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF RAILROAD IS READILY SEEN.
|01/01/1934 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934 (CLG)
|01/01/1967 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1967 (UNK)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.