Details for Benchmark: EM0840
N 34° 42.521 W 098° 37.689 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COMANCHE county, OK View Original Datasheet
- TT 8 E USGS 1945
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1945 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1945
NEAR CENTER OF TRIANGLE AT CACHE WYE ABOUT 5.7 MILES N OF CACHE. MARKED BY A STANDARD USGS BENCH MARK DISC. STAMPED TT8E 1936, 1484 FT., SET IN CONCRETE BLOCK 102 FT. E OF N-S ROAD AT E ROAD PRODUCED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1994.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.