Details for Benchmark: EM0842
N 34° 43.577 W 098° 38.587 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COMANCHE county, OK View Original Datasheet
- WINBORN 1945
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- in rock outcrop
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1945 by USA (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US ARMY 1945
AT SUMMIT OF HILL 1765 ABOUT 900 YDS. N OF NLY END OF QUANNAH PARKER LAKE, 500 YDS. S OF WINBORN SPRING. MARKED BY SECTION OF 3/8 IN IRON REINFORCING ROD SET IN A CONCRETE MASS ON ROCK OUTCROP, ABOUT 30 FT. E OF ROCK PILE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1994.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.