Details for Benchmark: ES0284
N 34° 15.133 W 111° 19.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GILA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- B 29
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1933 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1933
1.8 MI NW FROM PAYSON. AT SIDE OF HIGHWAY, TOP OF KNOLL, 0.2 MILES SOUTH OF RANCH HOUSE, ON RED VOLCANIC ROCK OUTCROP PAINTED WHITE B.M., TABLET ON TOP OF BOULDER.
|01/01/1973 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1973
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1982 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 2.7 KM (1.7 MI) NORTH ALONG MCLANE ROAD FROM MAIN STREET IN PAYSON, WHICH IS THE OLD HIGHWAY, IN TOP OF AND ON THE WEST SIDE OF A GRANITE KNOLL, 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) SOUTH OF A POWER LINE CROSSING, 18.2 METERS (60 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE OLD HIGHWAY, 12.8 METERS (42 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF A FORKED 18-INCH PINE TREE. THE MARK IS 1.0 METERS N FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 1.0 M ABOVE THE OLD HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.