Details for Benchmark: ET0924
N 34° 01.307 W 112° 00.968 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1924 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1924 (WM)
ABOUT 40 MILES NORTH OF PHOENIX, 10 MILES SOUTHEAST OF CANYON, 7 MILES NORTHEAST OF SHEEP RANGER STATION ON NEW RIVER AND 9 MILES BY TRAIL NORTHEAST OF THE TT RANCH. STATION IS ON A SHARP PEAK BETWEEN NEW RIVER AND THE AGUA FRIA, AND LIES ABOUT 1-1/2 MILES SOUTH OF THE U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STATION NEW RIVER, WHICH IS ON THE HIGHEST SUMMIT OF THE NEW RIVER MOUNTAINS. MARKED BY A STANDARD BRONZE DISK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.