Details for Benchmark: EU0769
N 34° 43.333 W 114° 26.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MOHAVE county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- H 485
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1981 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
4.75 KM (2.95 MI) NE FROM TOPOCK. 4.75 KM (2.95 MI) NORTHEAST ALONG INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 40 FROM THE EAST END OF THE COLORADO RIVER BRIDGE IN TOPOCK, AT THE NEEDLES MOUNTAIN ROAD OVERPASS, IN TOP OF THE WEST END OF THE NORTH ABUTMENT, 4.6 METERS (15 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD. THE MARK IS 0.3 M ABOVE THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.