Details for Benchmark: EU1249
N 34° 09.871 W 114° 18.391 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- HPGN CA 08 13
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- aluminum alloy rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1990 by CADT (MONUMENTED)
|04/11/1991 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1991
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 60 MI (96.6 KM) SOUTH OF NEEDLES, 16.1 MI (25.9 KM) EAST OF THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 95 AND STATE HIGHWAY 62 (VIDAL JUNCTION) ON HIGHWAY 62 IN EARP. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE POST OFFICE IN EARP, GO WEST ON HIGHWAY 62 FOR 0.15 MI (0.24 KM) TO A TRACK ROAD ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AND GO NORTHEASTERLY ON TRACK ROAD FOR 0.05 MI (0.08 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS AN ALUMINUM DISK, WHICH CONTAINS A MAGNET, ON A BERNTSEN TOP SECURITY ROD SET IN A LOGO CAP. LOCATED 344 FT (104.9 M) NORTH OF HIGHWAY 62, AT POSTMILE 141.9 AND 4 FT (1.2 M) SOUTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1992. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.