Details for Benchmark: EV0896
N 34° 06.400 W 117° 13.150 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- HARLEM RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1928 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1956 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
0.1 MI E FROM NORTON AFB. 0.1 MILE EAST ALONG 3RD STREET FROM GATE 5 AT NORTON AIR FORCE BASE, IN A VACANT LOT, 70.8 FEET WEST OF HARLEM TRIANGULATION STATION, 79.3 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE STREET, 18.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF A FENCE CORNER POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE STREET, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.