Details for Benchmark: EV0907
N 34° 06.533 W 117° 09.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Z 516
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
1.1 MI SE FROM EAST HIGHLANDS. 1.1 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT EAST HIGHLANDS, AT THE CROSSING OF GREENSPOT ROAD, 4 POLES NORTHWEST OF MILEPOLE 15, 94 1/2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING, 26.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, 4 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF A TELEPHONE POLE, 1.3 FEET NORTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 4 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1988 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1988
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE 1956 DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE. NOT LEVELED THIS SURVEY.
|03/19/1993 by MWDSC (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY METRO WATER DISTR SO. CALIFORNIA 1993
EAST HIGHLAND, 1.7 MILES (2.7 KM) EAST ALONG 5TH ST.(THEN GREENSPOT RD.) FROM THE INTERSECTION WITH BOULDER AVE. 1200 FEET (365.8 M) EAST OF WEAVER ST.AND 600 FEET (182.9 M) WEST OF KCAL RADIO STATION OFFICES. 33 FEET (10.1 M) SOUTH AND 127 EAST OF BENCH MARK STAMPED 1/16 CORNER S2 S1 1993 RCE 22502 AND 83 FEET (25.3 M) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF GREENSPOT ROAD, IN TOP OF A 12 INCH BY 12 INCH CONCRETE POST 0.5 FOOT (15.2 CM) ABOVE GROUND. NOTE--NO RAILROAD REMAINING.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1994.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.