Details for Benchmark: EV0945
N 34° 04.250 W 117° 14.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- W 523
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
AT SAN BERNARDINO. AT SAN BERNARDINO, 1.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG MT. VIEW AVENUE FROM THE GATE TO THE NORTON AIR FORCE BASE REFUSE GROUNDS, NEAR THE Y JUNCTION OF LUGONIA AVENUE LEADING SOUTHEAST, AT A CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER A DEEP CANAL, IN THE TOP OF THE EAST END OF THE SOUTHWEST CONCRETE WING WALL, 14.4 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF MT. VIEW AVENUE, 0.8 FOOT WEST OF THE CONCRETE CURB, ABOUT 1/2 FOOT LOWER THAN THE CURB, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE AVENUE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.