Details for Benchmark: EV1060
N 34° 06.500 W 117° 17.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- C 527
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
AT SAN BERNARDINO. AT SAN BERNARDINO, AT THE INTERSECTION OF 5TH STREET AND D STREET, AT THE U.S. POST OFFICE BUILDING, IN THE TOP OF THE EAST MARBLE BALUSTRADE OF THE 5TH STREET ENTRANCE, 61.3 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF 5TH STREET, 1.0 FOOT SOUTH OF A CONCRETE PILLAR, 0.5 FOOT EAST OF THE WEST EDGE OF THE BALUSTRADE, LEVEL WITH THE ENTRANCE, AND ABOUT 4 FEET HIGHER THAN THE STREET.
|01/01/1988 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1988
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.