Details for Benchmark: EV1186
N 34° 07.250 W 117° 15.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- S 523
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
AT SAN BERNARDINO. AT SAN BERNARDINO, 0.55 MILE SOUTH ALONG TIPPECANOE AVENUE FROM THE PACIFIC HIGH SCHOOL, AT THE T JUNCTION OF TIPPECANOE AVENUE LEADING SOUTH AND BASE LINE STREET, IN THE TOP OF A 6-FOOT TRIANGULAR CONCRETE FOUNDATION FOR TWO FLOOD LIGHTS AND A RICHFIELD SIGN, 46.3 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE STREET, 41.3 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, 3.3 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE 6-INCH STEEL POLE SUPPORTING THE LIGHTS AND SIGN, AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE AVENUE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.