Details for Benchmark: EV1188
N 34° 06.917 W 117° 15.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Q 523
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
AT SAN BERNARDINO. AT SAN BERNARDINO, 0.1 MILE WEST ALONG 3RD STREET FROM THE MAIN GATE OF NORTON AIR FORCE BASE, THENCE 0.75 MILE NORTH ALONG TIPPECANOE AVENUE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF 9TH STREET, ALONG THE TRAFFIC ISLAND OF 9TH STREET, AT A 10-FOOT SQUARE, UNDERGROUND, PUMP ROOM FOR A 1047 FEET DEEP ARTESIAN WELL OWNED BY THE RIVERSIDE WATER COMPANY, IN THE TOP OF AND NEAR THE CENTER OF THE WEST EDGE OF THE CONCRETE ROOF, 80 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, 49.8 FEET EAST OF THE WEST END OF THE TRAFFIC ISLAND, 6.6 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH CURB OF THE SOUTH TRAFFIC LANES OF THE STREET, 6.9 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF THE NORTH TRAFFIC LANES, AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE STREET. NOTE-- THE CONCRETE STRUCTURE HOUSING THE WELL IS CEMENTED TO THE 16-INCH WELL CASING AT THE FLOOR.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.