Details for Benchmark: EV1191
N 34° 06.600 W 117° 15.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- P 523
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
AT SAN BERNARDINO. AT SAN BERNARDINO, 0.1 MILE WEST ALONG 3RD STREET FROM THE MAIN GATE OF NORTON AIR FORCE BASE, THENCE 0.4 MILE NORTH ALONG TIPPECANOE AVENUE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF 6TH STREET, AT A 5-FOOT DEEP 5 1/2- BY 5 1/2-FOOT CONCRETE WELL FOR A MAIN VALVE OF AN UNDERGROUND GAS LINE, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER, 51.3 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, 32.9 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE STREET, FLUSH WITH THE GROUND, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.