Details for Benchmark: EV3127
N 34° 04.617 W 117° 16.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- G 524
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
AT SAN BERNARDINO. AT SAN BERNARDINO, 0.85 MILE NORTH ALONG WATERMAN AVENUE FROM ITS INTERCHANGE WITH INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10, JUST SOUTH OF THE MEADOWBROOK DAIRY HEADQUARTERS AT 9739 SOUTH WATERMAN AVENUE, 40.0 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE AVENUE, 21.2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTH END OF A WHITE BOARD GATE, 15.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF FENCE CORNER POST, 3.0 FEET NORTH OF TELEPHONE POLE 15682Y, 1.0 FOOT NORTH OF A WOODEN WITNESS POST, ABOUT 2-1/2 FEET LOWER IN ELEVATION THAN THE AVENUE AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST THAT IS INSIDE A 12 INCHES IN DIAMETER IRON PIPE WELL AND COVERED WITH A METAL LID. THE LID CAN BE OPENED WITH A SCREW DRIVER.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.