Details for Benchmark: EV3591
N 34° 01.563 W 117° 11.205 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1950 (JCE)
STATION IS LOCATED NEAR THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF THE CONCRETE PARKING APRON AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE HOME OF MR. HAZELDINE. IT IS 30.6 FEET WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE BRICK WALL LEADING DOWN TO THE SUNKEN GARDEN, 19.9 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE HOUSE AND 24.3 FEET EAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER. THE MARK, STAMPED HAZELDINE 1950, IS SET IN A DRILL HOLE FLUSH WITH THE PAVEMENT.
TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF REDLANDS BLVD. AND TIMOTEO CANYON ROAD, PROCEED WESTERLY ALONG LATTER FOR 2.3 MILES TO ALESSANDRO ROAD, TURN RIGHT ACROSS RAILROAD TRACKS FOR 1.1 MILES TO SUNSET DRIVE. TURN SHARP LEFT ON SUNSET DRIVE, PASSING CEMETERY ON RIGHT AND ALONG EDGE OF CLIFF FOR 0.8 MILE TO THE CORNER OF W. SUNSET DRIVE AND CROWN STREET. AT THIS POINT, SUNSET DRIVE CONTINUES AS SERPENTINE DRIVE. THE HOME OF MR. HAZELDINE IS AT THE EXTREME EDGE OF THE CLIFF, ABOUT 150 YARDS WEST OF THE CORNER.
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962 (EBB)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED IN THE CONCRETE PARKING AREA AS DESCRIBED. THE ROUTE TO REACH THE STATION IS ADEQUATE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1996. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.