Details for Benchmark: EV9151
N 34° 06.650 W 117° 46.650 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LOS ANGELES county, CA View Original Datasheet
- U 1445
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1989 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
IN LA VERNE AT 3201 WHEELER AVE AT THE EAST ENTRANCE TO THE METROPOLITAN WATER DISTRICT F E WEYMOUTH FILTRATION PLANT SET IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A TRIANGULAR SHAPED PLANTER AREA 11.5M(37.7FT) W OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE SOUTHBOUND LANES OF THE AVE 9.0M(29.5FT) S OF A CHAIN LINK FENCE CORNER 7.9M(25.9FT) E OF THE CENTER OF A 4 FOOT WIDE GATE IN A SECURITY FENCELINE 7.7M(25.3FT) N OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE PAVED ENTRANCE TO THE PLANT 0.3M(1.0FT) W OF A RAILROAD TIE BOARDING THE PLANTER AREA AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE AVENUE
|11/07/1994 by MWDSC (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY METRO WATER DISTR SO. CALIFORNIA 1994 (JDG)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. REFERENCE MWD FB 2011 02 003.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.