Details for Benchmark: EW4481
N 34° 13.350 W 118° 52.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In VENTURA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- 88 10
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by CA-111 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY VENTURA COUNTY CALIFORNIA 1975
AT THOUSAND OAKS. A BRONZE DISK SET IN CONCRETE 2.5 FEET WESTERLY OF CURB FACE, MOUNT- CLEF BLVD. GOING WESTERLY ALONG AVENIDA DE LOS ARBOLES, 0.4 MILES FROM MOORPAK ROAD TO MOUNTCLEF BLVD., THEN NORTHERLY ALONG MOUNTCEF BLVD. 0.25 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION WITH MEMORIAL PARKWAY, THEN 52 DEGREES SOUTHERLY AND 22 DEGREES WESTERLY FROM THE INTERSECTION TO BM 88-10.
|06/30/1994 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1994 (SDD)
IN THOUSAND OAKS, AT THE INTERSECTION OF MEMORIAL PARKWAY AND MOUNTCLEF BOULEVARD, 15.0 M (49.2 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF MEMORIAL PARKWAY, 6.8 M (22.3 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 0.6 M (2.0 FT) SOUTH OF STREET LIGHT POLE NUMBER 2081355E, 0.2 M (0.7 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE ROAD, AND THE MONUMENT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1995.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.