Details for Benchmark: EW5841
N 34° 18.550 W 119° 17.500 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is READJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In VENTURA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- 43 C OF V
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1977 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977
3.2 MI NW FROM VENTURA. 0.9 MILE WEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION, THENCE 2.3 MILES NORTH ALONG VENTURA AVENUE, AT THE JUNCTION OF DAKOTA DRIVE, 0.05 MILE NORTH OF A BRIDGE OVER CANADA DE SAN JOAQUIN CREEK, 146.7 FT. WEST OF A 10-INCH STEEL LIGHT POLE 1562351E, 68 FT. EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, 32.0 FT. NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE DRIVE, 9.8 FT. SOUTH OF A 5-FT. CHAINLINK FENCE, 9.5 FT. EAST OF A 2-INCH STEEL POLE SUPPORTING A STOP SIGN AND STREET NAME SIGNS, IN THE TOP OF A 6-INCH CURB.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1993. * This is a READJUSTED BENCH MARK height. Code B indicates a distribution rate of 1.1 thru 2.0 mm/km. The height was derived from older observations constrained to new heights in a crustal motion area. The height is approximate in relation to other heights in its vicinity.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.