Details for Benchmark: EW7834
N 34° 11.841 W 119° 14.370 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In VENTURA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by CA-111 (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY VENTURA COUNTY CALIFORNIA 1972 (LGR)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION PER STATE LANDS COMMISSION DATA. A NEW TO REACH AND DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS.
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 3.6 MILES WEST OF THE CITY OF OXNARD AND 5.6 MILES SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF THE CITY OF VENTURA AT THE TOP OF A SAND DUNE ABOUT 150 FEET SOUTH OF FIFTH STREET.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF OXNARD BLVD. AND FIFTH STREET IN THE CITY OF OXNARD GO WEST ON FIFTH STREET FOR 3.7 MILES TO A RISE IN THE ROAD. STOP HERE AND PACK SOUTH FOR ABOUT 150 FEET TO THE TOP OF SAND DUNE AND THE STATION, ABOUT A ONE MINUTE PACK.
THE STATION MARK IS STANDARD CALIFORNIA STATE LAND COMMISSION BRASS DISK STAMPED---MCGRATH 1954---. THE MARK IS SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE FILLED 4-INCH CAST IRON PIPE WHICH PROJECTS ABOUT 1.3 FEET ABOVE THE SAND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1996. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.