Details for Benchmark: EW8083
N 34° 00.919 W 119° 52.852 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SANTA BARBARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- BLUFF 1874
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1874 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1874 (SF)
ON THE FIRST HIGH, BOLD BLUFF SW FROM THE WEST END RANCH HOUSE, NEAR THE EDGE OF THE SEA BLUFF. ABOUT 20 YARDS FROM THE BASE OF THIS BLUFF IS A LARGE ROCK.
THE STATION WAS MARKED BY A HOLE IN THE BOTTOM OF A STONE BOTTLE SET IN THE GROUND, NECK DOWN, EVEN WITH THE SURFACE, AND BY 4 SIMILAR BOTTLES PLACED 2 FEET FROM THE CENTER TO THE N, E, S, AND W.
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934 (CKG)
REPORT LOST. PORTIONS OF THIS BLUFF HAVE SLID AWAY AND IT IS EVIDENT THAT THE STATION HAS BEEN LOST ACCORDINGLY.
A HYDROGRAPHIC MARK SET IN CONCRETE, FLUSH, WAS PLACED, HERE, ON TOP OF POINT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1996. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.