Details for Benchmark: EZ0754
N 35° 42.367 W 078° 36.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WAKE county, NC View Original Datasheet
- A 190
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- copper-clad steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1967 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
AT GARNER. AT GARNER, ALONG THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY COMPANY RAILROAD, 215 1/2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF THE RAILROAD STATION, 9 FEET NORTH OF MILEPOST 87, 15 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, 40 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF MAIN STREET, 109 FEET NORTH AND ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE NORTH CORNER OF THE GARNER FREEWILL BAPTIST CHURCH, 1.6 FEET NORTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1/2 FOOT BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, AND SET ON THE TOP OF A 5/8-INCH COPPER COATED ROD THAT IS DRIVEN TO A DEPTH OF 6 FEET AND IS ENCASED IN A 5-INCH CAST IRON PIPE WHICH PROJECTS 7 INCHES.
|01/01/1978 by DOD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE 1978
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1984 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1984
WITNESS POST DAMAGED AND LEANING.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.