Details for Benchmark: EZ0860
N 35° 58.474 W 078° 35.772 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WAKE county, NC View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- traverse station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1970 by NCGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NORTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1970 (EM)
PLUM IS A N.C. GEODETIC SURVEY TRAVERSE STATION ESTABLISHED IN THE VICINITY OF NORTHWEST WAKE COUNTY.
PLUM IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 2.8 MILES NNW OF FALLS AND 3.2 MILES NORTHEAST OF BAYLEAF. TO REACH STATION PROCEED FROM THE INTERSECTION OF US 1 AND NC 98, GO WEST ON NC 98 FOR 2.85 MILES TO T INTERSECTION OF NC 98 AND SR 2004, CONTINUE WEST ON NC 98 FOR 0.75 MILE TO STATION ON RIGHT, AND 1.0 MILE EAST OF INTERSECTION OF NC 98 AND SR 1917.
STATION MARK IS A STANDARD N.C. BRASS TRAVERSE DISK, STAMPED PLUM 1970, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE CYLINDER, THE TOP OF WHICH IS 1 INCH ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
MARK IS-- 38.3 FEET E OF C/L OF NC 98. 20.0 FEET SSE OF ALUMINUM REF. TAG ON PP. 67.6 FEET S OF ALUMINUM REF. TAG ON 6 INCH PINE TREE. 88.6 FEET WSW OF ALUMINUM REF. TAG ON 8 INCH PINE TREE. 1.5 FEET WSW OF EDGE OF CULTIVATED FIELD.
|01/01/1972 by NCGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NORTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
2.8 MI NNW FROM FALLS. STATION IS 2.8 MILES NNW OF FALLS AND 3.2 MILES NE OF BAYLEAF. FROM INTERSECTION OF U.S. 1 AND NC 98 GO W ON NC 98 FOR 2.85 MILES TO T INTERSECTION OF NC 98 AND SR 2004, CONTINUE W ON NC 98 FOR 0.75 MILE TO STATION ON RIGHT, AND 1.0 MILE E OF INTERSECTION OF NC 98 AND SR 1917, 38.3 FT E OF C/L OF NC 98, 20.0 FT SSE OF ALUM. REF. TAG ON PP, 67.6 FT S OF ALUM. REF. TAG ON 6 INCH PINE AND 88.6 FT WSW OF ALUM. REF. TAG ON 8 INCH PINE. STATION IS 1 INCH ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1985 by NCGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NORTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1985 (ACD)
DESIGNATED MARK WAS RECOVERED AS PREVIOUSLY DESCRIBED. A COMPLETE NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 4.5 KM (2.80 MI) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF FALLS, AND 5.1 KM (3.15 MI) NORTHEAST OF BAYLEAF. PROCEED ALONG NC 98 FOR 6.6 KM (4.10 MI) WEST-SOUTHWEST FROM THE US 1 OVERPASS TO THE INTERSECTION WITH SR 2004, THENCE SOUTH ALONG SR 2004 FOR 30.5 M (100.1 FT) TO SR 1966 (OLD KEITH ROAD). THENCE EAST-SOUTHEAST ALONG SR 1966 FOR 1.4 KM (0.85 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT DITCH BANK, AND ABOUT 1.1 KM (0.70 MI) NORTHWEST OF THE ROAD END. MARK IS FLUSH WITH GROUND AND ABOUT 2 FEET (0.6 M) HIGHER THAN ROAD. LOCATED 11.7 M (38.4 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 0.2 M (0.7 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, 6.0 M (19.7 FT) SOUTH OF A GUY WIRE BASE--AND 5.8 M (19.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A POWER POLE, 41.5 M (136.2 FT) NORTH OF A 10-INCH PINE--BOTH WITH REFERENCE TAGS.
- The North Carolina/South Carolina HARNS have been completed but, due to contractual restrictions, coordinates for these stations will NOT be published in the near future. In the interim, the published coordinates in North and South Carolina will not be consistent with the Continuously Operating Reference Stations (CORS). The HARN coordinates for these stations are available upon request. Contact Gary Thompson(919-733-3836), or Lewis Lapine(803-896-7700). In addition, the published North and South Carolina positions (NAD 83 (1986)) are NOT consistent with those determined in adjacent state readjustments. The discontinuity between stations located in North or South Carolina and those in adjacent states which have been adjusted to the HARN may be as much as 5 decimeters. This will result in a significant loss of accuracy over lines crossing such state borders.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1986.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.