Details for Benchmark: EZ1362
N 35° 53.764 W 079° 12.390 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, NC View Original Datasheet
- R 19
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1963 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1973 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1973
7.5 MI ESE FROM SAXAPAHAW. R-19 IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 8.5 MILES WEST OF CHAPEL HILL. TO REACH STATION FROM SR 1005 BRIDGE OVER HAW RIVER (ORANGE-ALAMANCE COUNTY LINE, PROCEED EAST ALONG SR 1005 FOR 3.05 MILES TO STATION ON LEFT IN SE CORNER OF ALSTON GROVE CHURCH PROPERTY, 46.0 FT NW OF C/L OF INTERSECTION OF SR 1005 AND A DIRT ROAD NORTH, 34.0 FT N OF C/L OF SR 1005, 2.0 FT N OF A PP, AND 133.0 FT SE OF SE CORNER OF CHURCH. DISK IS SET IN CONCRETE CYLINDER PROJECTING 3 INCHES ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
|01/03/1991 by NCGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NORTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1991 (EWB)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE WITH THE FOLLOWING CHANGES.
MARK PROJECTS 2 INCHES ABOVE GROUND. LOCATED 40.3 FT (12.3 M) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF SR 1005, 4.3 FT (1.3 M) NORTHEAST OF A POWER POLE, 70.5 FT (21.5 M) SOUTHEAST OF SOUTHEAST CORNER OF CHURCH, AND 33.7 FT (10.3 M) FROM CENTERLINE OF SR 1005 AT 90 DEGREES.
|05/26/1991 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (CSB)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The North Carolina/South Carolina HARNS have been completed but, due to contractual restrictions, coordinates for these stations will NOT be published in the near future. In the interim, the published coordinates in North and South Carolina will not be consistent with the Continuously Operating Reference Stations (CORS). The HARN coordinates for these stations are available upon request. Contact Gary Thompson(919-733-3836), or Lewis Lapine(803-896-7700). In addition, the published North and South Carolina positions (NAD 83 (1986)) are NOT consistent with those determined in adjacent state readjustments. The discontinuity between stations located in North or South Carolina and those in adjacent states which have been adjusted to the HARN may be as much as 5 decimeters. This will result in a significant loss of accuracy over lines crossing such state borders.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.