Details for Benchmark: EZ1381
N 35° 35.050 W 079° 01.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHATHAM county, NC View Original Datasheet
- CHA 29
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||PFF couldn't find EZ1381
HIGHWAY INTERSECTION HAS BEEN REALIGNED SOUTHWARD, SO CL MEASUREMENT FROM SR1924 NOT ACCURATE. LOCATED AN OLD FENCELINE BUT NO REF TAGS ON POSTS. NO REF TAGS ON NEARBY POWERPOLES. SCANNED WITH METAL DETECTOR TO DEPTH OF SIX INCHES BUT INEFFECTIVE DUE TO MANY BEVERAGE CANS AND POP TABS. STATION MAY BE INTACT (BEING SO CLOSE TO THE FENCE LINE) BUT PROBABLY NO LONGER IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1974 by NCGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NORTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1974
3.9 MI SE FROM MONCURE. TO REACH STATION FROM THE SR 1011 (OLD U.S. 1) BRIDGE OVER THE HAW RIVER EAST OF MONCURE, PROCEED EAST ALONG SR 1011 FOR 0.50 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION WITH SR 1916, TURN RIGHT AND CONTINUE SOUTH ALONG SR 1916 FOR 2.70 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION WITH SR 1924, AND STATION IN THE NE QUADRANT BESIDE A FENCE POST, 0.8 MILE NORTH OF BRICKHAVEN COMMUNITY, 46.0 FT ESE OF C/L OF SR 1916, 36.0 FT NNE OF C/L OF SR 1924, 101.8 FT NE OF PP 4836 WITH TRANSFORMER AND WITH ALUMINUM REF. TAG, AND 1.2 FT WEST OF FENCE POST WITH ALUMINUM REF. TAG. DISK IS SET IN TOP OF CONCRETE CYLINDER, FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.