Details for Benchmark: EZ1896
N 35° 44.367 W 078° 50.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WAKE county, NC View Original Datasheet
- E 218
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
0.6 MI NORTH FROM APEX. 1.0 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG SR 1011-SALEM STREET-FROM INTERSECTION WITH N.C. 55 (WILLIAMS STREET), IN APEX, ON EAST SIDE OF ROAD, ACROSS FROM APEX CITY LIMIT SIGN AND 0.75 MILE SOUTHEAST OF U.S. 64 OVERPASS, 25.3 FEET EAST OF CENTERLINE OF ROAD, 1.9 FEET EAST OF POWER POLE WITH REFERENCE TAG, 32.7 FEET WEST OF WEST RAIL OF RAILROAD TRACKS, 69.6 FEET NORTHEAST OF FIRE HYDRANT AND 38.4 FEET SOUTH OF POWER POLE WITH REFERENCE TAG. THE DATUM POINT IS A STEEL KNOB ON TOP OF A ROD 4 INCHES BELOW A STANDARD NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY LOGO FLANGE WITH ACCESS COVER. THE MARK IS 1 FT N FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 1 FT BELOW ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.