Details for Benchmark: EZ1942
N 35° 40.950 W 078° 54.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WAKE county, NC View Original Datasheet
- H 218
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
2.0 MI EAST FROM NEW HILL. 4.1 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. 1 FROM UNDERPASS OF N.C. 55 SOUTHEAST OF APEX, AT SR 1149 OVERPASS, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTH FACE OF THE EASTERNMOST PIER OF THE CENTER SUPPORT SECTION OF BRIDGE, 31.6 FEET SOUTHEAST OF CENTERLINE OF 2 LANE HIGHWAY AND 1.3 FEET SOUTHWEST OF SOUTHEAST CORNER OF PIER. THE MARK IS 3.5 FT ABOVE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1985 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1985
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.