Details for Benchmark: EZ6453
N 35° 46.433 W 078° 40.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WAKE county, NC View Original Datasheet
- WAK 102
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||PFF found EZ6453
The holly bush has grown over the mark. I painted an arrow on the sidewalk to help in finding it.
[i]An update on this station has been submitted to NGS.[/i]
[Photos:]EZ6453 Disk Shot Raleigh NC
EZ6453 Area View Raleigh NC
||PFF found EZ6453
NOTE: The scaled coordinates are off by several hundred feet and plot to the wrong side of Avent Ferry Road. Try these, instead:
N35 46.4664, W078 40.9380 (plus/minus 7.69 feet).
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION NEAR THE INTERSECTION OF AVENT FERRY ROAD AND IVY COMMONS DRIVE, AT THE AVERY CLOSE APARTMENTS. ADDITIONALLY DESCRIBED AS BEING 15.7 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE END OF A CHAIN LINK FENCE. (Submitted to NGS.)
[This entry was edited by PFF on Monday, July 04, 2005 at 6:11:35 PM.]
[Photos:]EZ-6453 Aerial. Raleigh, NC.
EZ-6453 Vicinity. Raleigh, NC.
View looking north along Avent Ferry Road, toward pole with reference tag.
EZ-6453 Area. Raleigh, NC.
Photographer's yellow tripod shows location of disk relative to nearby objects.
EZ-6453 Disk. Raleigh, NC.
Disk was covered by dirt on the day of my visit.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1988 by NCGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NORTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1988
STATION IS LOCATED IN SOUTHWEST RALEIGH. PROCEED ALONG WESTERN BOULEVARD FOR 2.35 KM (1.46 MI) SOUTHEAST FROM THE US 1 BELTLINE TO AVENT FERRY ROAD, THENCE SOUTHWEST ALONG AVENT FERRY ROAD FOR 0.9 KM (0.6 MI) OR 0.1 KM (0.1 MI) SOUTHWEST OF LAKE RALEIGH ROAD, AT THE CLOSE APARTMENTS, IN THE SIDEWALK AT THE NORTH ENTRANCE. STATION IS A STANDARD NCGS BENCH MARK DISK STAMPED---WAK 102 1988---, SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN SIDEWALK, AND IS 2 FEET ABOVE AVENT FERRY ROAD. LOCATED 15.4 M (50.5 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF AVENT FERRY ROAD, 10.3 M (33.8 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF ENTRANCE DRIVE OF AVERY CLOSE APARTMENTS, 0.1 M (0.3 FT) NORTHWEST OF SOUTHEAST END OF SIDEWALK, 1.2 M (3.9 FT) EAST-NORTHEAST OF METAL STORM DRAIN, 4.5 M (14.8 FT) SOUTHWEST OF ANCHOR FENCE, AND 5.0 M (16.4 FT) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF POWER POLE WITH REFERENCE TAG.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.