Details for Benchmark: EZ6455
N 35° 45.241 W 078° 43.108 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WAKE county, NC View Original Datasheet
- 11 LB 11
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1973 by NCDOT (MONUMENTED)
|11/04/1988 by NCGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NORTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1988
STATION IS LOCATED IN SOUTHWEST RALEIGH. PROCEED ALONG GORMAN STREET FOR 0.3 KM (0.2 MI) SOUTH FROM THE BELTLINE-I-40-, TO OLD TRYON ROAD, THENCE WEST ALONG OLD TRYON ROAD FOR 1.45 KM (0.90 MI) TO STATE ROAD 1321 (AVENT FERRY RD), THENCE NORTH ALONG SR 1321 FOR 0.55 KM (0.34 MI), OR 0.25 KM (0.16 MI) SOUTH OF THE SR 1321 OVERPASS OF 1-40, IN THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF YARD OF BRICK HOME. STATION IS A STANDARD NCDOT DISK STAMPED---11 LB 11 1973---, SET IN TOP OF A 15 CM CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE, AND IS LEVEL WITH ROAD. LOCATED 10.8 M (35.4 FT) WEST-NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF ROAD, 8.2 M (26.9 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHVIEW PLACE DRIVE, 5.7 M (18.7 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE EAST END OF A DRIVEWAY CULVERT, 2.8 M (9.2 FT) NORTH OF A TELEPHONE PEDESTAL, AND 1.3 M (4.3 FT) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF A POWER POLE WITH REFERENCE TAG.
- The North Carolina/South Carolina HARNS have been completed but, due to contractual restrictions, coordinates for these stations will NOT be published in the near future. In the interim, the published coordinates in North and South Carolina will not be consistent with the Continuously Operating Reference Stations (CORS). The HARN coordinates for these stations are available upon request. Contact Gary Thompson(919-733-3836), or Lewis Lapine(803-896-7700). In addition, the published North and South Carolina positions (NAD 83 (1986)) are NOT consistent with those determined in adjacent state readjustments. The discontinuity between stations located in North or South Carolina and those in adjacent states which have been adjusted to the HARN may be as much as 5 decimeters. This will result in a significant loss of accuracy over lines crossing such state borders.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1992.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.