Details for Benchmark: FA0928
N 35° 18.067 W 081° 33.983 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CLEVELAND county, NC View Original Datasheet
- K 77
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
1.8 MI W FROM SHELBY. 1.8 MILES WEST ALONG THE SEABOARD AIR LINE RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT SHELBY, 0.2 MILE EAST OF LAWNDALE JUNCTION, AT THE TRESTLE OVER FIRST BROAD RIVER, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH END OF THE WEST ABUTMENT, 3.8 FEET NORTH OF THE SOUTH END, 1.5 FEET EAST OF THE WEST EDGE, AND 6 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED K 77 1934.
|03/15/1995 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|07/23/1998 by NCGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NORTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1998 (MDB)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NOTE--ADDITION. A WOODEN WALK HAS BEEN BUILT OVER THE STATION. WILL HAVE TO REMOVE ONE PLANK TO ALLOW ACCESS. WILL NEED A PRY BAR AND HAMMER TO REPLACE PLANK WHEN USING THIS STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.