Details for Benchmark: FA0930
N 35° 17.891 W 081° 32.248 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is N HEIGHT and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CLEVELAND county, NC View Original Datasheet
- M 77
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
AT SHELBY. AT SHELBY, 90 FEET WEST OF THE WEST END OF THE SEABOARD AIR LINE RAILWAY STATION, 28 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, AND 4 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A POLE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED M 77 1935 AND SET IN A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
|12/15/1988 by NCGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NORTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1988
STATION IS LOCATED IN SHELBY. AT THE OLD SEABOARD RAILROAD STATION, AT THE INTERSECTION OF WASHINGTON STREET, AND EAST AVENUE, BETWEEN EAST AVENUE AND THE RAILROAD TRACK. MARK PROJECTS 14 CM ABOVE GROUND AND IS 4 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK. LOCATED 14.50 M (47.57 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF , 8.42 M (27.62 FT) NORTH OF RAIL OF MAIN TRACK, 20.80 M (68.24 FT) WEST-NORTHWEST OF RAILROAD SWITCH, 0.70 M (2.30 FT) WEST OF FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST, 26.42 M (86.68 FT) NORTHWEST OF NORTHWEST CORNER OF OLD DEPOT, AND 20.10 M (65.94 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF LIGHT POLE WITH A REFERENCE TAG.
|03/15/1989 by (GOOD)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|02/22/1995 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|07/23/1998 by NCGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NORTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1998 (MDB)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The North Carolina/South Carolina HARNS have been completed but, due to contractual restrictions, coordinates for these stations will NOT be published in the near future. In the interim, the published coordinates in North and South Carolina will not be consistent with the Continuously Operating Reference Stations (CORS). The HARN coordinates for these stations are available upon request. Contact Gary Thompson(919-733-3836), or Lewis Lapine(803-896-7700). In addition, the published North and South Carolina positions (NAD 83 (1986)) are NOT consistent with those determined in adjacent state readjustments. The discontinuity between stations located in North or South Carolina and those in adjacent states which have been adjusted to the HARN may be as much as 5 decimeters. This will result in a significant loss of accuracy over lines crossing such state borders.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1992.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1999. The height was determined by precise leveling from only one NSRS bench mark. This was not adequate "tie leveling" to NSRS and was allowed ONLY to validate the GPS-derived height.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.