Details for Benchmark: FA4940
N 35° 18.102 W 081° 32.122 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CLEVELAND county, NC View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1984 by NCGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NORTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN SHELBY. ALONG LAFAYETTE STREET (NC 18) FOR 1.61 KM (1.00 MI) NORTHEAST FROM MARION STREET (US 74 BUSINESS), AT THE INTERSECTION WITH DEKALB STREET, IN THE SOUTHEAST QUADRANT. STATION IS LOCATED 8.99 M (29.49 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF LAFAYETTE STREET, 14.94 M (49.02 FT) EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF DEKALB STREET, 2.44 M (8.01 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A STORM DRAIN, 10.27 M (33.69 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF A FIRE HYDRANT, 10.15 M (33.30 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A FRAME HOUSE, 6.77 M (22.21 FT) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF A 16-INCH HEMLOCK, AND 5.33 M (17.49 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF A POWER POLE WITH A REFERENCE TAG. MARK IS FLUSH WITH GROUND AND LEVEL WITH HIGHWAY.
|03/08/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
|04/08/1997 by NCGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NORTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1997 (PAC)
NOT FOUND. MAYBE DESTROYED BY ROAD IMPROVEMENTS.
- The North Carolina/South Carolina HARNS have been completed but, due to contractual restrictions, coordinates for these stations will NOT be published in the near future. In the interim, the published coordinates in North and South Carolina will not be consistent with the Continuously Operating Reference Stations (CORS). The HARN coordinates for these stations are available upon request. Contact Gary Thompson(919-733-3836), or Lewis Lapine(803-896-7700). In addition, the published North and South Carolina positions (NAD 83 (1986)) are NOT consistent with those determined in adjacent state readjustments. The discontinuity between stations located in North or South Carolina and those in adjacent states which have been adjusted to the HARN may be as much as 5 decimeters. This will result in a significant loss of accuracy over lines crossing such state borders.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.