Details for Benchmark: FB1211
N 35° 37.450 W 083° 25.000 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SEVIER county, TN View Original Datasheet
- S 53
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
13.4 MI SE FROM GATLINBURG. 13.4 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 71 FROM GATLINBURG, SEVIER COUNTY, AT THE STONE MASONRY BRIDGE OVER LITTLE PIGEON RIVER, 50 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER, 75 FEET NORTH OF THE MIDDLE OF THE ARCH, AT THE EAST EDGE OF THE STREAM, AND IN THE TOP OF A LARGE BOULDER. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED S 53 1934.
|01/01/1963 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1963
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.