Details for Benchmark: FB1299
N 35° 47.133 W 083° 29.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SEVIER county, TN View Original Datasheet
- LHT 677
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by TVA (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY TENNESSEE VALLEY AUTHORITY 1938
3.4 MI E FROM PIGEON FORGE. 3.4 MILES EAST ALONG THE MIDDLE CREEK ROAD FROM PIGEON FORGE, SEVIER COUNTY, 135 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE PINK HUSKEY LOG HOUSE, 110 FEET NORTHWEST OF MIDDLE CREEK, 80 FEET WEST OF A BRIDGE OVER A BRANCH, 9.4 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE WEST POST AT A GAP IN A FENCE, 8 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE ROAD, 7.1 FEET WEST OF A 16-INCH MAPLE TREE, AND 2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A WIRE FENCE. A TENNESSEE VALLEY AUTHORITY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED LHT 677 1938 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.