Details for Benchmark: FB1786
N 35° 49.983 W 083° 34.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SEVIER county, TN View Original Datasheet
- U 47
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||vhasler couldn't find FB1786
Ah, a possible oasis in the rabid development of the Pigeon Forge commercialism. Checked out this BM while wife was shopping the complex to the east. Dr. Ogle's house now appears to be the Five Oaks Steakhouse. Checked east of the large oak tree (towards tehe Five Oaks Development office), but 16' away may now be paved. Will try again sometime as time allows.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
2.6 MI SE FROM SEVIERVILLE. 3.7 MILES NORTHWEST OF PIGEON FORGE ON THE PROPERTY OF DR. J.W. OGLE, 300 FT. SOUTHWEST OF A LARGE 2-STORY WHITE HOUSE, 40 FT. EAST OF CENTER OF HWY. NO. 71, 40 FT. SOUTH OF CENTER OF DRIVE LEADING TO WHITE HOUSE, 25 FT. EAST OF A FENCE CORNER, 16 FT. EAST OF A 50 INCH OAK TREE, 1 FT. NORTH OF FENCE. SET IN A 6 INCH BY 6 INCH CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.