Details for Benchmark: FB2058
N 35° 46.000 W 083° 35.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SEVIER county, TN View Original Datasheet
- E 127
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||VagabondsWV couldn't find FB2058
Did not find any of the series of marks along Little Cove/Mill Creek..........all apparently destroyed by one means or another or possibly now buried.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1949 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
11.7 MI S FROM SEVIERVILLE. 11.7 MILES SOUTH OF SEVIERVILLE, 5.2 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE LITTLE COVE CREEK ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT PIGEON FORGE, 200 FEET EAST OF THE H.L. WALKER HOUSE, 110 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE JUNCTION OF A SMALL STREAM AND LITTLE COVE CREEK, 60 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A LARGE BARN, 50 FEET NORTH OF LITTLE COVE CREEK, 32.7 FEET WEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A BRIDGE OVER THE STREAM, 12 FEET SOUTH OF THE ROAD, 8.6 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A GARDEN, AND 1.0 FOOT WEST OF THE GARDEN FENCE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED E 127 1935 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST. NOTE-- CONTROL MARKER SIGN SET 1.0 FT SOUTH OF MONUMENT.
|01/01/1972 by TVA (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY TENNESSEE VALLEY AUTHORITY 1972
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.