Details for Benchmark: FB2059
N 35° 46.050 W 083° 34.850 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SEVIER county, TN View Original Datasheet
- D 127 X
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||VagabondsWV couldn't find FB2059
Did not find any of the series of marks along Little Cove/Mill Creek..........this one could be there but the water was too deep to see the bedrock for evidence of the disk........maybe next trip.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1949 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
4.3 MI SW FROM PIGEON FIRGE. 4 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE LITTLE COVE CREEK ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT PIGEON FORGE, 250 FEET WEST OF THE JUNCTION OF A ROAD LEADING NORTH AND BACK TO PIGEON FORGE, 40 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 82.8 FEET NORTHEAST OF AN 8-INCH SYCAMORE TREE, 78.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A 12-INCH PINE TREE, 77.4 FEET SOUTH OF A 4-INCH PINE TREE, 4 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF LITTLE COVE CREEK, AND IN BEDROCK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED D 127 X. NOTE-- CONTROL MARKER SIGN SET 2.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF MONUMENT. BENCH MARK IS USUALLY UNDER WATER.
|01/01/1972 by TVA (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY TENNESSEE VALLEY AUTHORITY 1972
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.