Details for Benchmark: FB2061
N 35° 45.783 W 083° 33.950 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SEVIER county, TN View Original Datasheet
- D 127
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||VagabondsWV couldn't find FB2061
Did not find any of the series of marks along Little Cove/Mill Creek..........all apparently destroyed by one means or another or possibly now buried.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1949 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
3.3 MI SW FROM PIGEON FORGE. 3.3 MILES SOUTHWEST OF PIGEON FORGE, ON THE MILL CREEK ROAD, 0.2 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF THE LITTLE COVE CREEK ROAD, 135 FEET NORTHEAST OF MILL CREEK, 115 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE JOHN OGLE HOUSE, 40 FEET NORTH OF AN APPLE ORCHARD, AND 12 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE ROAD. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED D 127 1935 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST. NOTE-- CONTROL MARKER SIGN SET 1.0 FT SOUTHWEST OF MONUMENT.
|01/01/1972 by TVA (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY TENNESSEE VALLEY AUTHORITY 1972
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.