Details for Benchmark: FB2065
N 35° 46.800 W 083° 32.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SEVIER county, TN View Original Datasheet
- A 127
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||vhasler couldn't find FB2065
With the 1972 recovery, I was hopeful of getting this one. At the Bilmor Motor Inn at US441 and Mill Creek Road. I now believe it might be destroyed when old TN71 was upgrade to multi lane US441.
[This entry was edited by vhasler on Friday, June 18, 2004 at 3:49:36 PM.]
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1949 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
0.7 MI SE FROM PIGEON FORGE. 0.7 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 71 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT PIGEON FORGE, 100 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SAM ROBERTSON HOUSE, 80 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE JUNCTION OF THE MILL CREEK ROAD, 75 FEET SOUTHWEST OF WEST FORK LITTLE PIGEON RIVER, 22 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE HIGHWAY, 34.5 FEET NORTH OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A FRAME SHACK, 12.2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF POWER-TRANSMISSION LINE POLE 265, AND 8 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A FENCE CORNER. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED A 127 1935 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST. NOTE-- MARK IS 21 FT. NE FROM TWIN 20 INCH WALNUT TREE, 30.8 FT SE OF A 20 INCH KATALPA TREE, 12.5 FT E OF POWER POLE. MONUMENT IS BACK OF LAMPLIGHTER INN BETWEEN SWIMMING POOL AND OLD HWY. 71.
|01/01/1972 by TVA (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY TENNESSEE VALLEY AUTHORITY 1972
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.