Details for Benchmark: FB2068
N 35° 47.000 W 083° 31.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SEVIER county, TN View Original Datasheet
- LHT 675
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by TVA (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY TENNESSEE VALLEY AUTHORITY 1938
1.7 MI E FROM PIGEON FORGE. 1.7 MILES EAST ALONG THE MIDDLE CREEK ROAD FROM PIGEON FORGE, 250 FEET NORTHEAST OF MIDDLE CREEK, ON THE PROPERTY OF R.V. WOODRUFF, 100 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE HOUSE, 43 FEET NORTHWEST OF A GARAGE, 36 FEET NORTHWEST OF A SMALL BRANCH, 14 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE ROAD, 13.8 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE WEST POST OF A FARM GATE, 8.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A 3-INCH MAPLE TREE, AND 1 FOOT SOUTHWEST OF A WIRE FENCE. A TENNESSEE VALLEY AUTHORITY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED LHT 675 1938 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.