Details for Benchmark: FB2496
N 35° 37.566 W 083° 29.920 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SEVIER county, TN View Original Datasheet
- ET 39 WCE
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1963 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1963
GATLINBURG, 2.5 MI S. OF POST OFFICE, ALONG U. S. HIGHWAY 441 TO JUNCTION OF TENNESSEE STATE HIGHWAY 73 AT SUGARLAND, TURN W. (RIGHT) ON HIGHWAY 73 FOR 4.9 MI TO T-RD. SE. AND SIGN ELKMONT RANGER STATION, TURN SE. (LEFT) AND GO 2.1 MI TO Y-RD., TURN SE. (LEFT) FOR 1.0 MI TO LOCKED GATE, CONTINUE 3.5 MI TO DIM TRAIL E., PACK E. ABOUT 1.5 HRS. ON TRAIL TO JUNTION OF TRAIL ON TOP OF GARLAND MOUNTAIN, TURN SE. (RIGHT) AND PACK 20 MIN. TO SADDLE WHERE TRAIL IS ON TOP OF RIDGE, 174 FT E. OF BEND IN TRAIL, 164 FT E. OF TRAIL AT SADDLE, 27 FT ENE. OF METAL WITNESS SIGN ON PINE TREE, 11 FT N. OF METAL WITNESS SIGN ON PINE TREE, 5 FT W. OF CENTERLINE OF TRAIL ON TOP OF BOULDER 2 FT ABOVE TRAIL, STANDARD DISK STAMPED---ET 39 WCE 1963---.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1999. No horizontal observational check was made to the station.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.