Details for Benchmark: FC1179
N 35° 02.733 W 085° 17.983 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HAMILTON county, TN View Original Datasheet
- CHATTANOOGA RM 1
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1950 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
AT CHATTANOOGA. AT CHATTANOOGA, ON THE CAMPUS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CHATTANOOGA, LOCATED ALONG MC CALLIE AVENUE BETWEEN BALDWIN AND DOUGLASS STREETS, SET IN THE TOP OF THE FLOOR OF THE EAST ENTRANCE TO THE ADMINSTRATION PART OF BUILDING, 135 FEET WEST-NORTHWEST OF THE STATION, 143 FEET WEST OF R.M. NO. 2, 4.3 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE ENTRANCE.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION, DESIGNATION IS DIFFICULT TO READ.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.