Details for Benchmark: FC1181
N 35° 02.767 W 085° 18.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HAMILTON county, TN View Original Datasheet
- CHATTANOOGA AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1950 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
AT CHATTANOOGA. AT CHATTANOOGA, AT THE INTERSECTION OF MC CALLIE AVENUE AND DOUGLASS STREET, SET IN THE CONCRETE SIDE WALK, 130 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CURB OF MC CALLIE AVENUE, 4 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CURB OF DOUGLASS STREET, 0.8 FOOT NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF THE SIDE WALK. NOTE-- MARK SHOULD BE USED WITH CAUTION AS A LEVEL MARK DUE TO ITS LOCATION.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
SEARCHED FOR, BUT NOT RECOVERED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.