Details for Benchmark: FC1185
N 35° 02.617 W 085° 18.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HAMILTON county, TN View Original Datasheet
- 698 N USGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1950 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
AT CHATTANOOGA. AT CHATTANOOGA, IN THE NORTHWEST ANGLE OF THE INTERSECTION OF ELEVENTH AND LINDSAY STREETS, SET VERTICALLY IN THE LOWER COURSE OF STONE OF THE EAST FACE OF THE OLD POST OFFICE BUILDING, 4 FEET NORTH OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT ABOVE THE LAWN. NOTE-- MARK APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN RE-STAMPED RECENTLY.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (KMS)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.