Details for Benchmark: FC1186
N 35° 02.250 W 085° 18.417 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HAMILTON county, TN View Original Datasheet
- 1 TNGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||seventhings couldn't find FC1186
Could not find this mark. The old terminal station has been renovated and is now a Holiday Inn, and the area around the building has been extensively renovated. I saw a suspicious-looking six-inch cast iron pipe protruding from the sidewalk at the described location, but the pipe was sealed shut.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by TNGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1950 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
AT CHATTANOOGA. AT CHATTANOOGA, AT THE MARKET STREET ENTRANCE TO THE TERMINAL STATION, IN A SMALL LAWN, 25 1/2 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE MAIN ENTRANCE TO THE BUILDING, 6 FEET EAST OF THE EAST CURB OF A SIDE WALK, ABOUT 2 FEET ABOVE THE SIDE WALK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 8 INCHES.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.