Details for Benchmark: FC1287
N 35° 02.333 W 085° 18.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HAMILTON county, TN View Original Datasheet
- M 245
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||seventhings couldn't find FC1287
Could not find this mark. The referenced "large brick building" is the Chattanooga Plow Building at 1604 Carter Street.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1962 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
IN CHATTANOOGA. TO REACH THE MARK FROM THE BRIDGE ON THE INTERSTATE HIGHWAY OVER BROAD STREET GO NORTH ON BROAD STREET TO WEST MAIN STREET, THENCE WEST ON WEST MAIN STREET TO THE MARK SET ON THE LEFT AT THE JUNCTION OF WEST MAIN STREET AND CARTER STREET, 105 FEET SOUTH OF MAIN STREET, 21 FEET EAST OF CARTER STREET, 10.7 FEET WEST OF A LARGE BRICK BUILDING, 1.2 FEET SOUTH OF POWER LINE POLE M5392, 1.7 FEET NORTH OF WITNESS POST. A STANDARD DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND IS ABOUT ONE FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE ROAD.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NOTE, CHANGE INTERSTATE HIGHWAY TO INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 24, ADD 45 FEET SOUTH OF A TELEPHONE POLE.
|01/01/1990 by USPSQD (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (KMS)
MARK RECOVERED IN POOR CONDITION.
|01/17/1998 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.