Details for Benchmark: FC1291
N 35° 03.100 W 085° 18.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HAMILTON county, TN View Original Datasheet
- FOURTH RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
IN CHATTANOOGA. AT THE FOURTH STATION SITE, 97.8 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE STATION, 37.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A METAL STREET LIGHT POLE, 24.4 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A HIGHWAY SIGN, 12.6 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE EXIT ROAD. A STANDARD REFERENCE MARK DISK SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE CURVED CURB OF THE 4TH STREET EXIT FROM THE INTERSTATE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1983 by USPSQD (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1983
MARK RECOVERED IN POOR CONDITION.
|01/01/1990 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (KMS)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.