Details for Benchmark: FE0973
N 35° 03.767 W 089° 23.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FAYETTE county, TN View Original Datasheet
- TT 12
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1944 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
0.5 MI E FROM MOSCOW. 0.5 MILE EAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT MOSCOW, FAYETTE COUNTY, 485 YARDS WEST OF MILEPOST 512, AT THE CROSSING OF STATE HIGHWAY 76, 21 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE MAIN TRACK, 16 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AT A CULVERT, IN THE TOP OF THE CONCRETE HEADWALL, 2 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTH END, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED TT 12 1934.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE MARK IS 0.31 M BELOW HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.