Details for Benchmark: FE0984
N 35° 03.800 W 089° 17.500 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FAYETTE county, TN View Original Datasheet
- S 156
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1944 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
3.1 MI W FROM LA GRANGE. 3.1 MILES WEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT LA GRANGE, FAYETTE COUNTY, 100 FEET WEST OF A FARM-ROAD CROSSING, 29.2 FEET NORTH OF MILEPOST 506, 41.7 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, 9 FEET NORTHEAST OF A POLE, 2 FEET WEST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, AND LEVEL WITH THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED S 156 1944 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 0.4 FOOT ABOVE GROUND.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NOTE, THE NUMBER 6 IN THE STAMPING IS BARELY LEGIBLE. THE MARK IS 0.61 METERS W FROM A WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.